The Childcare Fund has four programs to offer to our TWU Local 100 NYCT members.
- Voucher Program
- Summer Program
- Newborn Stipend
- Referral Service
The Voucher Program – payments by the Fund will be made directly to the Provider and will not under any circumstances exceed 40% with a maximum of $320 for licensed providers or 20% with a maximum of $160 for unlicensed providers of the monthly cost of covered child care services for any covered month. The voucher is good for one school year and will expire every June 30th for children ages 6 to 12; and August 31st for children ages 5 and under.
While it is the member’s responsibility to find a childcare provider that is willing to accept the voucher, there are some services that the CCF will not pay for. Examples are (but not limited to):
This benefit can not be used for programs that are geared specifically towards (but not limited to):
- School Tuition, Summer School, Transportation, Tutoring Programs, etc…
You must re-apply every year, in order to receive this benefit.
- Gymnastics, Dance Classes, Karate Classes, Sports Clubs/Camps/Activities, Music/ Instrument Classes, Photography Classes, Art Classes, Chess Clubs, etc…
The Summer Program – a voucher strictly for licensed summer camp only. This program offers a voucher for 37.5% and will not exceed $750 dollars, discounted toward the summer camp of your choice. This program is only available for children between the ages of 6 – 12 and is only good for one summer. You must re-apply every year, in order to receive this benefit.
To get an application, members must attend one of the registration events. Vouchers are given out in seniority order after the registration period is closed.
Am I eligible to apply for any of the programs?
- Am I an active TA/OA employee represented by TWU?
- Did I pass my probationary period?
- Do I have legal guardianship or a dependent 12 and under?
If you answer YES to all of the above questions, go on to STEP 2
Apply in person during registration period with the following documents:
- Child’s original birth certificate.
- Child original social security card.
- Proof of child’s health insurance.
- Member’s last two paystubs.
If you are accepted for a voucher:
- We will mail an acceptance package to your home after the registration period.
- You and your child’s provider must fill out the packet entirely and mail it back to us within a certain time frame.
- You must submit a monthly attendance sheet providing your child’s attendance at the end of each month. Payment is sent to your provider when we receive an attendance sheet.
- For the Summer Voucher – an invoice from the camp and attendance sheet must be submitted before payment is processed.
The Newborn Stipend – a stipend payable to the member’s for up to $800.
For you to qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a parent of a newborn baby
- Have a “0” balance for AVA, vacation and sick days. You will have to exhaust all days and continue to stay out on unpaid status for at least 1 week
- For every week that you are out on unpaid status, you are eligible for $200 dollars, per week up to 4 weeks. The stipend will not exceed $800 dollars.
If you would like to apply for the newborn stipend, call us at (646) 505-4500, so we can mail an application to you.
After you fill out the application send it, along with a copy of your child’s birth certificate, to your department’s supervisor or timekeeping. They will complete your leave balance and send your application directly to us.
When we receive your Newborn Stipend application we will notify you via telephone call.
The Childcare Referral Service – a program designed to help our members find quality childcare services in your area. Simply call us at (646) 505-4500 and ask for a childcare referral. We will do a search based on your zip code, or your preference, and give you three listings of quality, licensed providers.